read various chapters of this autobiography by going to the Individual Stories menu to the right.

Thursday, January 1, 1970

1964 or 65. First favorite song: The Kinks All Day and All of the Night

As a toddler one song came into my world with a strength so strong I credit it especially with taking an interest in music. The song was All Day and All of the Night by the Kinks.

I was 3 years old, and I remember sitting at the dinner table trying voice the chord progression of the song. I was more focused on the rhythm of the chords than the musical note values. I was singing "A fork, a fork, a fork fork fork fork". My sister Renee was sitting on the opposite side of the table, she was maybe 6 months old (definitely less than a year old). We lived in tiny house in an alley between Scott Street and Cumberland Street in downtown Little Rock Arkansas. We had a little record player and a radio. We had the vinyl single of the song, I even recall the record jacket.
The author of this blog also has two books available on Amazon. Athena Techne uses some of the autobiographical content of this blog and adds a philosophical perspective utilizing the ancient Greek god Athena.

Athena Techne :: Amazon.com Page



Autistic Crow Computer is a fiction set in Seattle, about an autistic boy and two crows. The book was written for young autistic readers, although reviews by non-autistics have been positive.

Autistic Crow Computer :: Amazon.com Page

No comments:

Post a Comment